Do you love fresh ripe berries and creamy filling? I was inspired to create a new fun breakfast recipe and found the perfect way to incorporate our morning meal and dessert all into one. This blueberry yogurt tart with cereal crust is the ultimate mash up!
To inspire you to switch up your breakfast routine, I’ve created a tasty pie crust with the cereal as the base. It’s so easy to make and a much more interesting way to start your day. Are you ready to hear the best part?
Everything is NO BAKE! Yep, no stove or oven needed. In just one pan you’ve got a slice of sunshine packed with protein, fruit, fiber, nuts and whole grains in each bite. Let’s go!
For a more exciting and interesting way to incorporate cereal, I chose Great Grains Blueberry Morning. It’s loaded with crispy whole-grain-clusters, real dried blueberries, and crunchy nuts which all together taste amazing! With just the right amount of natural sweetness, it’s also just the right choice for this fruit tart recipe.
The star of the show is the tender cereal crumb crust. It’s a simple combination of Great Grains Blueberry Morning cereal, flaxseed for extra fiber, coconut oil to help bind the crust and pure maple syrup for a hint of sweetness.
Here’s an easy way to spruce up any yogurt! Create your own flavor by adding fresh fruit to plain Greek yogurt. This way you can add more healthy fruits and control the amount of sweetness.
For this recipe, I added just a touch of vanilla and maple syrup to balance the natural tartness of the yogurt. Stevia, honey or any other sweetener also works great. This customized creation is added straight into the tart for a luscious and creamy filling. The milk proteins and probiotics add extra nutrition to the dish, score!
Who would have known just how versatile cereal could be? Of course, a big bowl of cereal and cold milk is a traditional way to enjoy each spoonful, but now you’ve got a blueberry yogurt tart recipe to try! You can even make something savory like these crispy baked chicken tenders. Have some fun using your imagination and playing in the kitchen.
- 5 cups Great Grains Blueberry Morning Cereal
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Blueberry Yogurt Filling -
- 2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
Blueberry Yogurt Filling-
- Add cereal to blender or food processor. Grind for a few seconds, until a fine powder, is formed, similar to cornmeal. You may have to work in two batches to fit the 5 cups of cereal.
- Add 2 cups of the ground cereal to a medium sized bowl. Add flaxseed and maple syrup, stir to combine. Add melted coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Lightly spray the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Add the crust to the pan a spread out evenly on the bottom and the sides, pressing down firmly. Transfer crust to the freezer as you prepare the filling.
- In a blender or food processor add yogurt, blueberries, vanilla and maple syrup. Puree until a smooth purple colored mixture is achieved.
- Remove the crust from the freezer. Add as much filling the can fit into the crust. Spread evenly on the surface and freeze for 15 minutes to allow the crust and filling to set.
- Add desired fruit to the top of the tart and sprinkle with almonds, freeze for 5 minutes or refrigerate until ready to serve.Carefully remove the outside tart pan ring right before serving. Slice and enjoy!
How will you use cereal in your next recipe creation?